Thursday, September 17, 2009

ABOUT ME


Editor's Note; The about me section is limted to how many characters. So I put it here, if you're interested. (Conscious Observer isn't "about me", although it does comes from a person. So of course it's about me, but it's about the observations that is what's relevant.) I hope to grow and become better in my writing. My style and approach isn't that of contemporary influence like the Medved's, Prager's, Beck's, Hannity's, and Limbaugh's, (who I listen to frequently) These are more thoughts in observation that take place between regular folks, just talking. Non celebrity, non elite, non Harvard or Yale, but still regular people that help make up this great nation, it's communities and it's "backbone". Maybe try to read it like a book, instead of a blog. A blook? Bloog? A bok?

I grew up in and around the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan. Raised by our mom and oldest sister in a family of six. I’m blessed to have both mom and dad and step mom and step dad all still with us and a huge extended wonderful family. Residing in California, after having two long marriages (not that they were too long, but roughly about 25 years in total), I have two great native Californian daughters, two cool step sons, and three grandkids.

I haven’t any formal training or educational background aside from some architectural design classes and a couple of certifications. Some may say I’m certifiable. Hmmm…. Anyway, I’ve earned my living in construction, sales and marketing, and being raised to work hard with dignity and ethical consciousness. I write and play music for fun and for the soul. I love God, my family, and my country. And that’s mostly why I began Conscious Observer. I believe in what’s right, (even if it’s not on my side of the political fence, or spoken in every church). Right is right. Wrong is wrong.

I was a little boy age 5, when President John Kennedy was murdered. It scared the hell out of me, my mom (holding my little hand) with my Aunt Min, both cried walking out of the bank that morning. I remember even as a kid, the sadness across the country. I remember being afraid and very confused how this could happen in America. That was my first sense of patriotism but didn’t know it, but that’s where it was rooted in me. Time healed and life went on. As a young man in my 20’s I paid “some” attention to some of the political landscape here and around the world, but nothing jolted me until I saw Anwar Sadat gunned down on t.v. during a parade. He was Egypt’s 3rd President and signed the Egypt-Israel Peace Treaty with Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, right here in the U.S. in Washington D.C. in 1979. For some reason and I didn’t know “what” yet, those two men gave “me” some type of hope for peace in the world. Arabs and Islamist weren’t thrilled with the concept and everyone should "REALIZE" this hatred for the Western Civilization and their absolute INTENT to kill all of us, has been festering for many, many years. And, but somehow those two men made an impression on this young American man, so long ago.

It wasn’t until Sept 11, 2001 that I really opened my eyes to the world and to politics, and even to God. All were on my mind, and trying to figure out what to do with them in my heart. But that day changed my life forever, and for the better. (Until then, I was semi watching CNN in particular, on that day of Sept 11th 2001, Arron Brown. And I can still see the "SMERK" on his face while he was reporting the attacks on OUR COUNTRY. THAT'S WHEN I SWITCHED MY CABLE NEWS CHANNEL TO FOX.)It made me aware of how great this country is, and how turmoiled and scary, parts of the Middle East really are. We should never forget 9-11-01, ever. They're coming. No matter who is in office or what type of tokens or flowers or negotiations we try. We should never let our guard down, and should stand strong for our beliefs and liberties and what we’ve done for other countries around the world. I believe the world would be a lot scarier if it weren’t for the U.S. We don’t always have the perfect people in office, but we should never change the principles our founding fathers used to shape our country. We are free to think and believe what we will…I say to those who don’t “remember that” and want to change our very foundation, “Try living somewhere else then. You’ll see real fast what this country is made of, and maybe come home and show some respect.” I don’t care what color a man or woman President is. I don’t. But I want and expect them to do what’s right, and to work for WE THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE.