Wednesday, September 30, 2009

SAW IT ALL ON TV PART 1



“Ok, I’m dating myself, here”… Back in the 60’s and 70’s, there was a white haired, white bearded “GREAT” comedian/actor known as, the “Lovable Lush” named Foster Brooks who appeared on shows like Steve Allen, Johnny Carson (Pre Leno), Dean Martin, Perry Como, and other popular variety type t.v. shows (Very censored and before cable television kids). And part of his act was portraying a very friendly and (as dignified as could be) drunk, with silly claims of being the famous director of the epic film, “The Three Commandments”, and said he was a member “Alcoholics Unanimous”. His act was good, his monologues were intentionally absurd, and his audience never knew what he was going to say next. NOTE; I do NOT promote alcoholism or drug abuse, and advise everyone, if you can avoid this terrible grip and disease, then do it at all cost! Understand folks, back then things really were different and it was a more innocent time then today. And the guy was funny, period.

Now fast forward to 2009….. Did you happen to catch Libyan leader Moammar Qaddafi’s comedy routine at the U.N. talent show in New York?? What the hell was that guy talking about?!? I swear to you, I couldn’t stop laughing and had to DVR (record) it, to play it back just to confirm what I was watching. And Foster Brooks was the first thing I thought about or compared it to. I remembered being a kid watching Mr. Brooks with my family and it was so stupid that it was funny. The second thing that I thought about while watching Good old Moammar, was an even more vintage actor of black and white films named Glenn Strange, who played the Frankenstein Monster. “Mo-Mo” (as we like to call him) looked scary as hell, and I couldn’t tell if he was just high or his plastic surgery was too tight. AND HE’S SUPPOSED TO BE A “LEADER” OF A COUNTRY! If I were a Libyan citizen oh I’d follow him alright… with a LARGE mob and torches, and run him out of the village back up to the castle!

Between his whining about his jet lag flying to America (be glad we let you in dude) and his rant about the JFK assassination calling for a full investigation, (uh…about 46 years a little late there Bucky), feeling rejected because nobody wanted him to pitch his tent, like he was attending a boy scout jamboree, and then his OWN “personal” interpreter becoming dizzy trying to keep up with his words and eventually fainting as she understood what he was ranting about, the whole “improve” had us all spinning and going…. Uh…what? What did he say?? Well, I can’t believe even his own country wasn't in shock and awe. UN…BELIEVABLE. Unbelievable… What was it Mike Tyson would say? I’m “flabagasted”. (I’m shaking my head guys) Uh…what???


I really can’t decide who won the talent show…Qaddafi, Ahmadinejad, or sadly…Obama? I really thought I was watching Saturday Night Live or Mad TV. I DON'T KNOW IF “OPEN MIC NIGHT” AT THE CLUB U.N. IS WORKING OUT FOR THEM. Here’s an exclusive photo of Qaddafi’s new pal Hugo Chavez, reading Mo-Mo a bedtime story before he zips up the tent. “Shhhhhhhh…” He’s a lot easier to handle when he’s sleeping!



No comments: